COCONUT GREEN CURRY LENTILS
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
These easy coconut green curry lentils are so delicious and so healthy! Loaded with spices, coconut milk, spinach, and lentils.
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 and a1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 and a 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Sahara Foods crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Sahara Foods crushed ginger
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stems removed
- Greek yogurt for topping
- Place lentils, bulgur, 2 cups water, curry paste, and turmeric in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are mostly cooked. Add the remaining 1/2 cup water during cook time if lentils and bulgur have absorbed all the water. You want to cook it until there is no liquid remaining. Turn the heat to medium or low, if it’s not already.
2. Keeping the saucepan on the heat, stir in the tomato paste. Mixture should thicken slightly. Add butter, garlic, and garam masala; stir to combine until butter is melted. Add coconut milk and simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until thick and creamy.
3. Remove from heat and stir in ginger and spinach until barely wilted. You can also serve this with fresh spinach, adding it just before serving.