BEEF WITH RED CHILLI PASTE
Adapted from Rasa Maylasia – Easy Delicious Recipes
Try this fragrant, chilli-packed beef Thai dish for a week-day meal to remember!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 small shallot, ﬁnely sliced
- 1 fresh hot red or green chilii (deseeded if you prefer less heat) ﬁnely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sahara Foods Red Chili Paste
- 2 lime leaves, cut into thin strips, optional
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- cooked rice, for serving
- Toss the beef with the all-purpose cornstarch, pepper, 1 teaspoon oil, and soy sauce. Cover for 10 minutes at room temperature.
2. Heat ½ of the oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until it’s brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry the wok or skillet.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shallots, and chili to the wok or skillet and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute
4. Add the red pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the beef, lime juice, ﬁsh sauce, red chili paste, lime leaves (if using), and sugar; stir-fry for 1–2 minutes or until the beef is cooked through.
5. Add the basil leaves and stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until wilted. Dish out and serve immediately with your choice of rice.