EASY LEMON BARS
Adapted from Copy Kat Recipes
These classic lemon bars with shortbread crust are an easy dessert to make for any occasion. They are tart, sweet, creamy, and delish.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 230 grams butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup Sahara Foods lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Cream together the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 cups of flour.
3. When the mixture is crumbly press into a baking pan about 33 x 23 x 5 cm . Press dough out evenly so that it has a uniform height throughout the pan. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, and remove from the oven.
4. In a bowl, mix together 6 eggs, 3 cups sugar, 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup flour, vanilla, and salt.
5. Mix until the filling is uniform in texture, and pour over the cooked shortbread cookie crust.
6. Bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Allow this to cool to room temperature before dusting with powdered sugar.
7. Be sure to refrigerate these bars when not being served.