CREAMY VEGAN GARLIC PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
Adapted from Minimalist Baker
A 30-minute creamy pasta made with almond milk and infused with garlic and roasted tomatoes. Perfect for a quick, weeknight meal and feeding vegan/dairy-free friends.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 cups baby tomatoes (halved)
- 300 g whole wheat pasta
- Olive oil
- 2 medium shallots (diced)
- 1/4 cup Sahara Foods crushed garlic
- 1 pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened plain Almond Milk
- 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp Sahra Foods lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and toss tomatoes in a bit of olive oil and sea salt. Place cut side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish. Then set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. When done, drain, cover and set aside.
3. In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and the garlic and shallot. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir frequently, cooking for 3-4 minutes until softened and fragrant.
4. Stir in flour and mix with a whisk. Once combined, slowly whisk in the almond milk a little at a time so clumps don’t form. Then add nutritional yeast, another healthy pinch of salt and black pepper, and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes to thicken.
5. Add the Vegan Parmesan and lemon juice.
6. Add pasta and roasted tomatoes and stir.
7. Serve immediately and garnish with extra black pepper, fresh basil, and/or vegan parmesan cheese.