COCONUT CURRY LENTIL SOUP
Adapted from The Modern Proper
A creamy, rich coconut curry broth loaded with veggies makes this coconut curry lentil soup the perfect 30-minute, one-pot dinner. Oh, and P.S. it’s vegan!
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1.5 cups dried brown lentils
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 6 cups chicken stock or vegetable broth (for vegan)
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups packed kale, stems removed and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sahara Foods’ crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sahara Foods’ ground ginger
- 3 tbsp Yellow curry powder
- 1 Cinnamon stick, or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients except for kale and bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
3. Allow the soup to simmer covered for 20 minutes.
4. Add in kale and simmer uncovered for another 5-10 minutes. Serve with warm bread and enjoy!