BEEF MINCE STIR FRY WITH GINGER & GARLIC SAUCE
Adapted from The Endless Meal
This beef mince stir fry is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner. It’s made with beef mince, stir-fried veggies, and a tasty garlic ginger sauce.
This is one of our go-to quick and healthy recipes!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 450g lean beef mince
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups snap peas
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sahara Foods ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Sahara Foods crushed garlic
- Add the beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meat, stirring it to break up the pieces occasionally, until it is mostly brown, about 5 minutes.
2. While the beef cooks, chop the veggies and make the sauce. Add the cornstarch to a measuring cup or bowl. Add a splash of the beef broth and mix. Add the rest of the broth and remaining sauce ingredients and mix again.
3. When the beef is mostly cooked, add the mushroom and cook them for 5 minutes. If there is more than 1 tablespoon of the oil in the pan remove it by tilting the pan to the side and using a spoon to scoop it out. If there is less, add a splash of oil.
4. Add the remaining veggies to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender.
5. Stir the sauce to mix up the starch then pour it into the pan. Once the sauce has thickened (1-2 minutes) serve the stir fry over rice.