THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
Don’t call the local takeaway – impress friends and family by cooking this fragrant and creamy Thai green chicken curry. It’s easy and quick to make.
Servings: 4 – 6
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk, then add 2 finely shredded kaffir lime leaves (or 3 wide strips lime zest).Ingredients
- 225g baby potatoes, cut into chunks
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Sahara Foods crushed garlic
- 1 rounded tablespoon or 4 teaspoons Sahara Foods Green Chilli paste
- 400ml can coconut milk – 2 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 450g boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves finely shredded, or 3 wide strips lime zest, plus extra to garnish
- good handful of basil leaves
- boiled rice, to serve
- Put 225g baby potatoes, cut into chunks, in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 100g trimmed and halved green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes, by which time both should be just tender but not too soft. Drain and put to one side
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then drop in 1 tsp crushed garlic and cook until golden, this should take only a few seconds. Don’t let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste.
- Spoon in 1 rounded tbsp green chilli paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.
- Next, pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and let it come to a bubble.
- Stir in 2 tsp Thai fish sauce and 1 tsp castor sugar, then 450g bite-size chicken pieces. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk, then add 2 finely shredded kaffir lime leaves (or 3 wide strips lime zest).
- Add a good handful basil leaves, but only leave them briefly on the heat or they will quickly lose their brightness.
- Scatter with lime to garnish and serve immediately with boiled rice.
The above recipe was taken from: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/thai-green-chicken-curry