PARMESAN GARLIC BAKED WINGS
Written by Evolving Table
Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings are baked in the oven until the skin is perfectly crunchy and crispy. A sauce of lemon juice, oil and a bit of cornstarch are the secret ingredients for an ultra crispy gluten-free wings recipe.
20 wingettes, drumettes, or a combo
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Sahara Foods lemon juice
4 tsp. Sahara Foods garlic crushed
1 tsp. black pepper
½ – 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
½ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cornstarch tapioca or arrowroot starch
⅓ cup Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
Fresh parsley finely chopped
Italian or Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, both peppers, and salt. Whisk ingredients together until a slightly thick sauce forms. Add wing portions and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over wings to distribute evenly. Toss wings again to coat them completely.
- Lastly, add parmesan cheese incrementally to try and cover all of the wings completely.
- Place wing portions on a parchment paper lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake wings in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Broil wings on a high broil for 4-6 minutes.*
- Sprinkle wings with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve wings immediately with ranch or Italian dressing and enjoy!
- Do not use aluminium foil in this recipe. It will only make the wings stick like crazy!
- Make sure you use GRATED Parmesan cheese, and not shredded, for best results.
- Broil your chicken wings skin-side-up for the crispiest skin.
Calories: 77kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 102mg, Potassium: 40mg, Vitamin A: 50IU, Vitamin C: 0.5mg, Calcium: 24mg, Iron: 0.3mg