CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
Written by The Cozy Cook
This cheesy garlic bread is loaded with two kinds of cheese and has secret ingredients that put it above the other garlic bread recipes out there!
1 loaf French bread
1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
4 cloves garlic, minced* See Notes
1/4 cup Italian Salad Dressing
2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, separated
1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Fresh Parsley, to garnish. Optional.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the butter, garlic, Italian salad dressing, and 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Slice the French bread in half horizontally and spread the top of each half with equal amounts of garlic butter.
- Place the halves on a baking sheet, butter side up. Top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Increase the heat to a low broil and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes to crisp up the top and edges. Keep a close eye during this time. Remove when the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Cut into thick slices and serve!
For Softer Bread:
- Put the loaf halves back together after buttering them and wrap the tightly in foil. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Slice into thick slices and serve.
*Although I recommend mincing fresh garlic, you can substitute jarred minced garlic or garlic powder as follows.
4 cloves fresh garlic = ½ teaspoon garlic powder4 cloves fresh garlic = 6 teaspoons jarred minced garlic.
For even better results, I recommend trying this with 7 cloves of roasted garlic instead of fresh.
Not sure about adding Italian dressing?! Try THIS:
- Mix the spread without any dressing and spread half of it over one of the bread slices.
- Add 1/4 cup Italian dressing to the remaining spread to try on the other half.
- Compare, and see which you like better!
Calories: 363kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 702mg, Potassium: 98mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 525IU, Vitamin C: 0.5mg, Calcium: 185mg, Iron: 2mg
The above recipe was taken from: https://thecozycook.com/homemade-garlic-bread/